Canasta Junction and our development, management and support teams respect the privacy of everyone who uses our application, visits our website and enjoys any related services which we may provide to you from time to time (“Services“).
1. Who We Are. We are a company called Canasta Junction, LLC (“Canasta Junction” or “CJ“), registered in Delaware and headquartered at 9030 West Sahara Avenue, #710 – Las Vegas, NV 89117.
2. Information Collection and Use. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when using our Services, or when you create an account with us;
- details of your use of our Services and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you play our games or visit our websites, what device you use to access our Services or details regarding profile visits, as set out in the section entitled “Canasta Junction Profile” in paragraph 6, below);
- if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels; and
- information we collect via cookies, as explained further below.
We do not review or retain the content of messages sent among players during standard gameplay, except and only during the development or enhancement of such communication services.
- to allow us to recognize you and your device, for example, by identifying your IP address;
- to allow you to establish, join or rejoin game-rooms and/or other players in gameplay and communication and other use of Services;
- to allow our Services to interact with a third-party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- to allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions;
- to provide you with more customized Services, for example to provide our Services in the correct language;
- to obtain data that will allow us to understand how people are using our Services so that we can improve them.
- to provide the minimum required information to Apple and other Internet and data-storage service providers in the context of networking, score retention and other game functions that are supported by such service providers.
all the features of our Services if you do so.
4. Payment Information. When you purchase Services on our websites, we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by Canasta Junction. When you purchase items via our apps (such as those you can purchase in the App Store or Google Play) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
5. Use of Personal Information. You agree that we (or a supplier or group company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- maintaining temporary data about games-in-progress in order to communicate among players, properly display game play to all players and viewers, and store aggregate scores for each player or team between game sessions.
- contacting you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about our Services;
- managing your account and relationship with us, (including player rankings and club and tournament standings on your Profile and on our websites) and improving your experience when you use our Services;
- research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- marketing and promotion of our Services or related products, for example, sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party’s behalf. For example, we might send you information about local or online canasta contests or tournaments, or about merchandise relating to canasta or our Services. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at canastajunction.com/contact;
- to create reports, analyses or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example, to track potential problems or trends with our Services;
- preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also be required to pass your information to organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention;
- for the purpose of providing tax invoices where we are required to do so by law or where requested by you; and
6. Shared Personal Information.
We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers):
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your Personal Information to suppliers we may use to fulfill the Services or to communicate with you);
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your Personal Information to our payment processors);
- where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website and social media channels;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Canasta Junction, our users, or others, or as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation;
7. Third-Party Networks/Platforms
. You may allow our Services to interact with a third-party social network or platform, which will provide information about you to us. These applications or websites are created and maintained by a third party that is not a part of,
or controlled by Canasta Junction. You should ensure that you read their terms of service and privacy policies to understand how they treat your data and what data they might share with us.
You understand that when you allow our Services to interact with any third-party social network or platform, we may share data about you with your contacts (and vice versa) in order that you may enjoy playing socially or in tournaments (the “Social Data“). This Social Data includes your name, your social media profile picture and your scores and/or progress in our games.
You can make changes to what data a third-party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third-party provider, however, you may find you are not able to enjoy all of the same features of our Services.
Users of our Services may be automatically assigned a profile that is visible to other users of our Services. Your profile may include the Social Data described above, game achievements or other game play information and details of which other Canasta Junction account holders have viewed your profile. Your profile will be visible to other users of our services. If you choose to view another individual’s profile, that individual and other users of our Services may know that you have visited them because some of your Social Data and a link to your profile may be displayed on that individual’s profile. They will also be able to visit your profile.
9. Canasta Junction Chat. Users of Canasta Junction can send messages to other Canasta Junction players during game play. Your messages may be stored by us: (a) to convey your messages; and (b) to enable you and your recipients to view your message history.
10. Protection of Personal Information. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We strive to maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. We use the same level of skill in protecting your Personal Information as other similar game developers. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we cannot guarantee that the information you transmit via our Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards. You understand that we are a game developer and game service provider, not a bank, hospital or military, and thus do not expect to be a desirable hacker target, nor to develop or implement industrial-grade security protocols. But we invite you to make suggestions in the interest of privacy and enjoyable services.
12. Your rights in relation to your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us — we may charge a small fee for this service.
- We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above.
- Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network or third-party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third-party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services (for example, one of your friends on a social network you allow to interact with your account), we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
- You have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or unsubscribe, or for any other information, please contact us.
We hope that you won’t have any complaints about Canasta Junction or our Services. If you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Information then please
. You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
15. We welcome your suggestions and comments. Thanks.